Welcome to the first week of...
The Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry Read-Along!!
is finally here and you are all invited to read along with us! No matter if you haven't read the book before, or if you (like us) read it already and just want to spend some more time with Noah and Echo!
This fabulous event is hosted by Candace Book Blog, Me @ Dazzling Reads, The Page Turners, Mary @ The Book Swarm and The Bewitched Bookworms.
For 6 weeks, we will discuss the amazing emotional roller coaster that is Pushing the Limits. We will tear up with Echo, swoon over Noah and thoroughly enjoy this unbelievably fantastic book! Every week will have awesometastic giveaways sponsored by HarlequinTEEN and we have an epic, unique and absolutely adorable Grand Prize sponsored by Bewitched Bookworms and Katie McGarry herself!
Ready for some fun?!
Then grab your copy of Pushing the Limits and buckle up! It's one hell of a ride!!
- July 24 - Intro Post for the Read-A-Long - Linky for Participation!
- July 31 - Bewitched Bookworms Pages 7-84 ends with a Noah Chapter - Today! + Pushing the Limits Giveaway here at Dazzling Reads! =D
- Aug 7th - The Page Turners Pages 85 - 162 - ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 14th - Candace Book Blog Pages 163 - 239 - ends with a Noah Chapter
- Aug 21th - Dazzling Reads Pages 240 - 316 - ends with a Echo chapter
- Aug 28th - The Book Swarm Pages 317 - 392
Special Event: Evening of August 28th - Live Twitter Chat with Author Katie McGarry!!!!
And now onto the Questions for this week:1. The story starts out with Echo’s thoughts on how she wants to answer her therapist’s questions (snarky and caustically truthful) which are quickly juxtaposed to how she does (milque-toasty and banal). Who do you think she hides the truth for more, her parents or herself?
I think she hides the truth from herself and also from her parents. She is dealing with so much and much of it has been blocked from her mind. Also, her relationship with her parents is extremely complicated. Her father and his new wife are not the most understanding and supporting people and this affects Echo's answer to her therapist.
2. We see Mrs. Collins, the school therapist, interact with both Echo and Noah in the first few chapters. From those interactions, what do you think of her? Is she a prototypical caricature of state care? Or do you think she’s there to make an honest difference in the lives of those she’s there to help?
I have never deal with a therapist ever in my life so I can't tell if he is a caricature or a loyal interpretation of state care. But from what I perceived in those first few pages, I think she is there to really help.
3. Noah has two friends, Beth and Isaiah, who have his back no matter what--through thick and thin--and he has theirs. Consequently, his life is a little easier because he has two people who know about his situation. Echo only has one close friend, and Lila will barely speak to her in school. Do you think Echo would have had an easier time coping and moving on if she had friends like Noah does?
Definitely! Having moral support is certainly (and probably) the one thing that can help human being through out their most difficult times in life.
4 . Echo fixates on a colorful ribbon that sits on the school counselor's desk during their one-on-one sessions. Do you think this is a case of "Oh, look at the pretty ribbon. Let me zone out while staring at it" , or could it have a deeper significance!
I think that when something strongly grabs your attentions, there is a reason for it. Whether is the color, the shape or the object itself, it could recall something you may have seen before of awake a remembrance that you thought forgotten. It definitely has a deeper significance.
5) Noah and the jacket... Already when Noah and Echo meet for the first time, Noah got angry when Echo forgot her Jacket (pg 34). Then on Echo’s Birthday party Noah gave Echo his jacket when he saw that she forgot hers (pg 54). There is a significance behind his anger when Echo has no coat and it tells already so much about Noah! a) Why do you think is Noah so focused on Echo and her Jacket and what does that tell you about Noah's character? b) Show us your favorite jacket! Either with you having it on or alone!
a) Noah definitely got mad because he cares about her and he doesn't want Echo to get sick or feel cold. He may want her to believe he doesn't care but oh boy, he does!! <3
b) Now for my favorite jacket! well, I do like Victorian and Gothic fashion a lot, so if I have to choose a jacket I really like, it would be something like this (although is a coat XD but whatever)
6. Echo wears gloves all the time to hide her scars. Not only for her sake, but obviously also for the others. When Noah sees Echo’s scars for the first time he’s shocked. a) Do you think this was the moment he began to see Echo in a different light? b) Show us your favorite pair of gloves!.
a) Definitely! I think that's when Noah saw Echo for the first time. That moment raised many questions in his head, but none of them was the "suicide-attempt" one and I loved it!b) and again, I'm just in love with Victorian and Gothic fashion ~ or just give me lace and Im happy =9 (I was born in the wrong century and place) so here are my favorite gloves =9
Please feel free to grab the Button and help us spread the word about this feature!
<img src="http://bewitchedbookworms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Read_A-Long_200.png" width="100%" />Link Up for participation!! Just add your Blog or outlet where you are going to post your answers! Thank you so much for participating!